EyeSTAR Lasik: The Lasik Trip
Before you come to Istanbul...
- Please schedule your appointment with us as soon as you know your travel dates. You should plan to stay in Istanbul for at least 1 night, preferably 2 or 3. If you would like to be treated on the same day, your arrival time should be in the morning. Remember that we accept no more than 10 patients per day to give our patients’ eyes the best care. For an appointment by phone please call +90 212 361 5000 or +90-533-480-5686 (24 Hours) or e-mail email@example.com.
- Decide how you would like to handle your transportation and accommodations in Istanbul. We will be happy to reserve your hotel accommodations at one of our partner hotels and provide you airport and clinic transfers in one of our luxury vehicles.
- It is to your advantage to pay by cash to avoid international credit card use surcharges and conversion charges as well as problems with daily credit card use limits. Withdrawing money while you are here presents the same challenges as using your credit card.
- If you wear soft contact lenses be sure to remove them at least 1 week prior to your appointment. Hard contacts should be removed 3 weeks prior.
- Would you like to listen to your own music during your treatment? If so, please remember to bring a CD/DVD/MP3/
- Pack comfortable clothes and sport shoes because you will have plenty of time to go sightseeing!
What to expect before your procedure: Pre-op exam
A comprehensive eye exam will be performed by one of our surgeons. This is not a ‘routine’ eye exam, but a comprehensive, two-hour exam that will investigate the overall health of your eyes and determine whether you are a good candidate for LASIK treatment, and which kind of treatment would be best for your situation.
- Corneal thickness
- Corneal topography
- Corneal tomography
- Corneal wavefront
- Eye mapping
- Current prescription evaluation
- Visual acuity
- Pupil size in low light
- Presence of cataracts, glaucoma or other disease
Upon successful completion of your pre-op exam, we will assist you in scheduling and preparing for your procedure. You will be provided both pre- and post-op instructions.
The day of your procedure: General preparation
- Avoid caffeine and other stimulants, and antihistamines which may affect pupil size.
- Avoid alcohol and any medications that cause drowsiness.
- Wear comfortable clothing, remove all eye make-up and do not wear perfumes or colognes.
During your procedure
- You will be given eye drops to prevent discomfort.
- You will be offered medication to calm you, which you may decline.
- The non-operative eye may be patched.
- An eyelid holder will be used to prevent blinking.
You will be asked to focus on a green light throughout the procedure.
After your procedure
- Antibiotic and anti-inflammatory drops will be placed in the treated eye (s).
- Your surgeon will examine your eyes again to ensure that everything is stabilized.
- We will schedule your appointment for the next day’s post-op exam.
- When released by the surgeon we will accompany you to your hotel.
- You should try to sleep or rest (with your eyes closed) for at least about 4 hours after the treatment.